Friday, October 17, 2008

My Work

So my work is magic.

Oh, but what does that mean. Well, I support my family of three (wife and two daughters) performing magic shows. I do a little normal hourly work on the side, but the bigger money comes from my company Idea, Inc. I specialize in creating magic that will fill the room with surprise, laughter, and delight. I hold the art of magic in high regard. I want to express this art form to the public in an excellent way. When I look around, I'm disappointed at the way I see some magicians being used. I see some shows or demonstrations and they seem cheap, shallow, unorganized, lazy, take your pick.

So my pursuit is to do the best that I can do to help people see the beauty in magic. The depth that can be found in magic. And the ART in magic. Sure there are many things that I do in performance that would seem main stream or commercial, but I AM slowly evolving and changing the material that I use to conform more with how I see my magic.

So each week I'm performing 4 nights out of the week at Ryan's restaurants. I specifically do close-up magic during those nights. Then on weekends I will do private shows, which usually consist of children's birthday parties. I work through the day going to schools presenting my reading show "Flying High With Reading". There is always miscellaneous shows coming in as well. I was on a children's TV show recently. I will be with the South Bend Symphony in October. During the summer I also teach children magic at magic camps which last most of the summer. So throw in that mix family time, family events, house maintenance, business marketing and paper work, as well as developing new material...WOW!!! It's alot! The advancement of magic could be my life's work!

No comments: